Compliant companies’ get the most benefit from C-TPAT certified companies, even though the company complies that it does not require CBP approval. Here are some reasons companies choose compliant C-TPAT rather than certified:
1) Companies that comply with C-TPAT are more attractive partners for C-TPAT certified companies because they use business partners or companies that have C-TPAT certification that fully complies with C-TPAT criteria if possible.
2) If done correctly, companies that comply with C-TPAT must have all security procedures, forms, and checklists owned by C-TPAT certified companies.
3) C-TPAT compliant is cheaper than C-TPAT certification. If you are looking for c tpat training then have a look at https://www.mazeconsultancy.com/ctpat.html.
Image Source – Google
4) Companies that comply with C-TPAT must follow the same guidelines as C-TPAT certified companies, including periodic business audit partners, annual review of supply chain security risk assessments, etc., but this review is verified by C-TPAT certified business partners.
5) Compliant C-TPAT is a natural stepping stone for companies seeking C-TPAT certification. After the company is fully compliant, the process of becoming C-TPAT certified is much easier. Technically, the company must be fully compliant before applying for C-TPAT Certification.
6) Compliant C-TPAT can help companies to get new customers and retain old customers who might go elsewhere.