Seeking for some information about how to connect the Netgear Range Extender to the router having hidden SSID? If yes, then this post is only for you. In this post, we are going to discuss stepwise instructions to connect the Netgear range Extender to the router having hidden SSID. If the router’s SSID is hidden, you won’t be able to detect it for the extender setup. You need to enter the SSID manually.
Steps to connect the extender to the hidden SSID:
- Connect the range extender to the power supply and wait till it gets properly booted.
- Connect the wireless client to the default SSID of the extender. This will automatically launch the setup page.
- If the page doesn’t launch automatically, then you can open the My Wifi Ext New Extender Setup page manually.
- Create an account to control the extender and click ‘Next’.
- On the Netgear Genie Setup page, go to ‘Wireless range extender’ to enter into the setup page.
- It will scan for the existing wireless network which is in the range.
- If the SSID of the router is hidden, it will not display in the list. Click ‘Manually enter the SSID’.
- Press ‘Next’.
- Enter the SSID in the relative box. Select the same security type on the extender which is selected on the router. Enter the password if required. Tap ‘Next’ and the setup process will initialize with the router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Once the connection initializes with the router, you need to enter the SSID and the password for the extender wireless network. If you want to set the same SSID and the password for the extender as that of the router, then click on ‘Keep the credentials same’. Tap ‘Next’ to end the setup.
- If you want to modify the SSID or password, change it and don’t forget to save the details.
- Click ‘Next’ to finish the setup.
- Connect the client devices to a new Wi-Fi network of the extender and tap ‘Continue’ to conclude the setup.